Atal Amrit Abhiyan is a new health insurance scheme announced by the State Government of Assam. Under the scheme, the government is providing insurance coverage of up to Rs. 2 lakh per year to each family of the state. The scheme was originally launched on 25 December 2016 and is still running. Assam Atal Amrit Abhiyan Application form can be downloaded in PDF format from the official website of the scheme. Atal Amrit Abhiyan health insurance scheme was launched for BPL and APL families besieged with chronic, sudden, or acute health issues.
Various diseases like cancer, Cardiovascular diseases, Cancer, Kidney diseases, Neonatal diseases, brain and heart-related ailments and burn injuries have been included in the scheme. The beneficiary can go for the treatment only in government-aided and CGHS empaneled hospitals in the state. There have been 245,491 APL Enrollments, 15,889,339 BPL Enrollments, and 85,717 treatment Under AAA till 23rd March 2020.
All the beneficiaries can avail cashless treatment (not reimbursement) at govt. and empaneled private hospitals inside and outside the state. The enrollments for the scheme are open and one can reach out to the enrollment center to get themselves registered under the scheme
Below is the eligibility criteria for enrollment in AAA health insurance scheme:
1) All the BPL families in the state with income of less than Rs. 1.2 lakhs per annum will get free health care under the scheme.
2) Moreover, those who belong to the APL category with income between Rs. 1.2 lakhs and 5 lakhs per annum have to pay a nominal premium of Rs. 100/- per year per member to avail of the scheme.
3) All the employees who are working or retired in the service of the Central and State Government will not be eligible for this scheme.
4) All documents of each enrollment will be checked properly whether they belong to BPL or APL category.
Below is the list of documents that would be required at the time of registration under the scheme
1) Voter ID Card
2) EPIC Card (in case of minors the birth certificate in original)
3) Income Certificate
4) Other valid documents
5) NFSA Card is also valid if have
6) A Photograph of the patient attested by Doctor
A total of 437 diseases would be covered under Atal Amrit Abhiyan which have been segregated into the following six groups.
1) Cardiovascular diseases
3) Kidney diseases
4) Neo-natal diseases
5) Neurological conditions
The state government would bear an additional burden of Rs. 200 crores to implement the scheme in the state. The govt. also trying to empanel more hospitals under the scheme so that the residents can avail themselves the treatment without much problem.