BRIEF HISTORY OF THE DEPARTMENT:
- Preservation and promotion of the of the living culture of the ethnic and indigenous tribes and communities of the state;
- Preservation and promotion of the ancient monuments and historical sites as monuments of our glorious past;
- Preservation and promotion of the unique Satriya culture of the state ;
- Searching talents in music, dance, acting, fine arts etc. from different parts of the state & provide them adequate opportunity for developing their talents and exposure.
- Promoting culture and emotional integration among the people of the state and also with other states of the country and spread the message of peace, universal brotherhood and national unity ;
- Publicity of the unique cultural mosaic of the state with its infinite variety throughout the world and promotion of of the state as a culture destination ;
- Using the cultural talent to develop the entertainment industry in the state, thereby promoting employment;
- Promoting those qualities and values that sets the culture of the state as one of the brightest jewels in India's cultural milieu;
- Instillation of national pride in the people and propel every citizen to give their best in their chosen field of activity ;
- Making use of the national and the international media to promote the culture of the state ; and
- Imbibing a sense of appreciation of the traditional art and culture among the younger generation from school level
- Directorate of Cultural Affairs
- Directorate of Archeology
- Directorate of Museum.
- Directorate of Library Services
SOCIETIES & INSTITUTIONS :
- Srimanta Sankardev Kalakshetra Society
- Jyoti Chitraban (Film Studio) Society
- Jyoti Chitraban Film & TV Institute
- Government College of Art & Crafts
- Government College of Music
- The Assam State Film (Finance and Development) Corporation Limited
DIRECTORATE OF CULTURAL AFFAIRS:
THE DIRECTORATE OF CULTURAL AFFAIRS WAS SET UP IN 1-11-1971 WITH THE OBJECT OF PROMOTION AND PRESERVATION OF THE CULTURAL HERITAGE OF ASSAM AFTER THE CULTURAL POLICY 2006 WAS ADOPTED BY GOVERNMENT. THE MICRO OBJECTIVE OF THE DIRECTORATE OF CULTURE IS THE APPLICATION OF DIFFERENT MEDIUM OF CREATIVE AND TRADITIONAL ARTS, TOWARDS PROMOTING A CULTURE AND VALUE SYSTEM OF HONESTY AND DUTIFULNESS, CONCERN FOR FELLOW BEING, TOLERANT AND PEACE LOVING, PATRIOTIC AND ARTISTIC.
One office in Guwahati.
There is no Website.