What is an Earthquake?
In its basic form, an earthquake is a sudden violent shaking of the ground as a result of movements within the earth’s crust, volcanic activity etc.
What are its affects?
Serious disruption of life, probably arising with no warning, that causes or threatens death or injury on a large scale and/or with destruction of property and disruption of communication system.
- To mitigate impact of earth-quake disaster through community awareness and preparedness.
- To provide effective support to all concerned.
- To keep co-ordination and co-operation with other line departments or stake holders.
- To develop immediate and long term support system.
- To create general awareness among the people about earthquake hazards and safety measures.
Click here for the Earthquake Preparedness Contingency Plan of the Fire & Emergency Services, Assam.