Youth Welfare Activities:
- National Services Scheme (NSS)
- Bharat Scouts & Guides (BSG)
- National Cadet Crops (NCC)
- Nehru Yuvak Kendra (NYK)
- SLAC (State Level Advisory Committee for Students & Youth Welfare, Assam)
NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME (NSS):
“Personality development of the Students through Community Service”.
The NSS Volunteers undertake:
- Regular Activities- 120 hours per year for two years and
- Special Camping Programme- 7 days duration conducting social development
NSS attempts a linkage between:
- University and Society
- Campus and Community
- College and Village
NEHRU YUVAK KENDRA (NYK):
Rural Youth, mainly non-students participating Programmes relating to Community development, integration etc.
- Blood Donation
- Swacch Bharat
STATE LEVEL ADVISORY COMMITTEE (SLAC) FOR STUDENTS & YOUTH WELFARE, ASSAM:
The State Level Advisory Committee for Students and Youth Welfare, Assam (SLAC) was constituted in the year 1994 vide Govt. Notification No. SYW.10/94/3 dated 1st Feb. 1994. The 1st Member Secretary State Level Advisory Committee Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma.
The SLAC functions under the chairmanship of Hon’ble Chief Minister, Assam. The Member-Secretary of State Level Advisory Committee (SLAC) is appointed by the Govt. and others Members are nominated by the Government.