The State Data Center (SDC) will house ICT assets of various Departments within the state in an environment that encourages reliability, availability, scalability, security and serviceability. Various applications and some of the functionalities envisaged at the SDC include Secure Central Data Repository of the State, Core Application Servers, and Service Delivery Gateway, Citizen Information/Services Portal, State Intranet Portal, Remote Management and Service Integration facility. RFP is being prepared for selection of Data Center Operator for Assam SDC.
Approx. Project cost:
INR 232.40 crores (~USD 35.75million)
IT & ITeS
The Government envisages provisioning of a secure place for the Govt. data, a suitable Disaster recovery solution and cloud hosting infrastructure.
- A Disaster recovery solution, including facility for Backup as a Service
- Cloud Hosting in public or private cloud for department applications upto 10 TB
- Operation & Maintenance of the AMTRON Data Centre which is a near DR and backup data centre
- IT Augmentation of the State Data Centre in addition to the DeitY funded components
- Operation & Maintenance of the SDC after initial 5 years
The project will be implemented in Guwahati and is well connected by Rail, Road and Air.
Construction of building for the State Data Centre has been completed.
Nodal agency: A
Assam Electronics Development Corporation Ltd. (AMTRON)