Assam Gas Company Limited is primarily engaged in gas transportation and distribution business to various customers. The sources of gas are mainly from Oil India Limited and ONGC Ltd. Natural gas is collected, processed and transported to the customers of AGCL broadly classified into three categories viz., Industrial, Commercial & Domestic. Industrial consumers are – Brahamaputra Valley Fertilizer Corporation Limited, Namrup, Assam Petrochemicals Ltd., Namrup, Namrup Thermal Power Station of Assam State Electricity Board, Lakwa Thermal Power Station of Assam State Electricity Board & Assam Gas based Power plant of NEEPCO at Kathalguri for generation of power. Commercial consumers include hotels and restaurants etc. Nearly 20 thousands households are provided with gas connection as Domestic customers of AGCL. Apart from these about 390 Tea Factories use piped natural gas spread out in 10 Districts of upper Assam.
The Company gives utmost importance in supplying piped gas as per required pressure and quantity to its customers. It is made possible by creating strategically well laid out pipeline and other infrastructure network. The company has 1000 Km (approx) of steel pipelines, 30,000 kms of PE pipelines, a compressor Station at Duliajan with a capacity to transport 7 MMSCM gas per day.
Process Flow for the Service:
- Obtaining Application Form
- Filling up Application Form
- Submission of Application Form + SD + Appl. Fees
- Processing of Application
- Survey & Estimation
- Pipe laying & connection work
- Testing & Commissioning
- Payment of monthly Gas bill by the consumer
- The applicant should be the legal owner of the land and house where pipe gas connection will be provided.
- The premise should be a permanent structure.
- In case of Municipality area, up-to-date payment of all Municipality dues by the applicant.
Fees including payment mode:
- Rs 6500/- Lumpsum as advance
- Rs 20.00 Application Form fees.
- Security Deposit Rs 5000.00
- Bill Security Rs 10,000.00
- Application Form fees Rs 20.00
Payment mode: All payments are to be made in Company’s Account in designated Banks as directed by the Site Offices and deposit the payment receipt to the respective site office.
- Land Ownership document of the applicant.
- NOC from Municipality Board in case of Municipal Area.
- Declaration Form for undertaking for keeping LPG equipment in safe custody of Oil Marketing Companies
How to Apply:
- Make sure that you are eligible for applying
- Click here to Download Application Form.
- Complete the forms to be filled.
- Enclose required accompanying documents.
- Pay the required fees etc.
Forms to be Filled:
Undertaking for keeping LPG equipment's in Safe Custody of the OMC (Oil marketing Companies).
Application cum Agreement Form for Piped Natural Gas Connection to consumers in Upper Assam City Gas Distribution Network
Guidelines for Filling the Forms:
Full name of the Applicant in the block letters
Address of the applicant with Ward No., House No, Road, Locality etc
Name & Address of one witness
Forms can be submitted in the site office during the office hours (08:00 am to 04:00 pm)
Time for processing (approximate): 1(One) month approximately.
Online or Offline Service:
Services are Offline.
Whom to contact: