Glossary of terms:
MSMED Act: Micro, Small Medium Enterprises Development Act
EM: Entrepreneurs Memorandum
Entrepreneurs Memorandum, Part-I (EM-I):
To facilitating the promotion and development and also enhancing the competitiveness of micro, small and medium enterprises the Micro, Small medium Enterprises Act, 2006 was enacted .According to the Act any person intended to set up Manufacturing or Service enterprises may file Memorandum at its discretion. Definition of enterprises under the Act is as follows:
- Micro Enterprise
- Manufacturing: Where the investment in Plant &machinery does not exceed Rs.25 lakh
- Service: Where the investment in Plant & machinery does not exceed Rs.10 lakh
- Small Enterprise
- Manufacturing: Where the investment in Plant & machinery is more than Rs.25 lakh but does not exceed Rs.500 lakh.
- Service: Where the investment in Plant & machinery is more than Rs.10 lakh but does not exceed Rs.200 lakh.
- Medium Enterprise
- Manufacturing: Where the investment in Plant & machinery is more than Rs.500 lakh but does not exceed Rs.1000 lakh.
- Service : Where the investment in Plant & machinery is more than Rs.200 lakh but does not exceed Rs.500 lakh.
There are two types of Entrepreneurs Memorandum, viz (i) EM part-I ( EM-I) and EM part-II (EM-II). There is no fee for processing or issuing EM-I or EM-II and the General Manager ,District Industries & Commerce Centres (DICC) are the competent authority to issue Acknowledgment of EM-I/EM-II.
The EM-I will help the investor to apply for land/shed allotment, power sanction, application for loan, factory license, NOC from Pollution Control Board, etc. However , EM-I is valid for only two years from the date of receipt of Acknowledgment.
The EM-II should be file within 6 months from the date of going into commercial production. EM-II enable the entrepreneurs to avail the benefit of various incentives under the Central/State policies.
In Assam, prior permission for submission of EM-I/EM-II is required from the State Government if the activity related to Coal and Bought Tea Leave Factory.
Over all process flow for service:
Flow Chart of Issuance of EM-I:
- Application to be submitted online and filled up all the columns in application form.
- After completion of filling up the columns, as applicable, the applicant will get the Acknowledgement of EM-I in pdf format.
- The applicant may forward a hard copy of the EM-I to the concerned DICC by post within 14 days.
The activity should be falls within the purview of Manufacturing or Service sector. However, activities of on Coal and setting up of Bought Tea Leave factory, prior permission from the State Government may be obtained.
Guidelines for Filing up the form:
There is no fee for applying allotment of shed/land.
- Applicant should log in for online submission of application.
- While filing the application form the column for NIC/ ASICC/ Village/ Town/ Tehsil/ District/State Codes shall be avoided.
- Avoid to use ".00" (dot Zero zero) while putting up any figure in the Fixed investment column. The numerical figure should be from right to left only.
Fee including the payment mode:
There is no fee for applying Central Capital Investment Subsidy under NEIIPP, 2007.
Accompanying documents required including:
- No need to submit any certificate while filing EM-I.
- Photo Id, size, quality, signature etc.
- No Photo ID is required for filing application. Applicant may put their digital signature if so desired.
- Due date of submission:
- As desired by the applicant to file EM-I.
- Time for processing:
- There is no time line for processing , the applicant will get the Acknowledgement EM-1 in pdf format.
How to apply:
- Make sure that the unit is eligible to apply and follow the steps.
- The unit should be eligible for filing EM-1 .
- The unit should log in and submit the application and get Acknowledgement of EM-I in pdf format instantly.
- Complete forms to be filled.
- Form to be filled
- Guidelines for filling form
- Ensure that you attach the relevant documents as per check list.
- Pay the required fee: There is no fee for applying for the Subsidy form.
Whether the service is Offline or Online:
Click here to Register and apply for Entrepreneur Memorandum, Part-I ( EM-I) in EODB Assam
With EM-1, the unit may apply for allotment of land /shed, power sanction, loan from the Bank/FI, NOC from Pollution Control Board, etc as applicable.
Whom to contact for any queries:
For any queries, the applicant may contact General Manager, DICCs in their telephone no, OR may send mail OR may call at the Helpline No: 9613191022.
Click here for the addresses of General Managers with e-mail and phone numbers.