The Secretariat Training School was started by the Govt. of Assam for the training of all grades of ministerial staff of Assam Secretariat. This School is designed to provide for training and it follows, “The Rules and Procedure of the Secretariat Training School” which was approved at a meeting of the Secretaries’ Committee held on Saturday, the 23rd October, 1954.
The trainees are divided into two Groups:
- Junior Group ‘A’ for Junior Administrative Assistants
- Senior Group ‘B’ for Senior Administrative Assistants
Details of training provided:
Since its inception, the Secretariat Training School under Administrative Reforms and Training Department has been conducting the following training:
- Induction Training
- Group 'A' Training Programme for Junior Administrative Assistants of Assam Secretariat
- Group ‘B’ Training for Senior Administrative Assistants of Assam Secretariat
- Trainees are taught regarding the structure of the Secretariat, Rules, Procedures and functions of Government Administration, Assembly Matters and other govt. works during the training period.
- As per the State Govt. formulated training design, the STS also arranges field visits to familiarize the participants on the role and activities of the District Administrations, Directorates, important and reputable NGOs working in social sector for Self Development Programme.
Duration of Training:
- The Group ‘A’ training programme is completed in 18 days including 3 days for assessment examinations under Rule 24 of the Assam Secretariat Subordinate Services, 1963.
- The Group ‘B’ training programme is completed in 19 days including 4 days for assessment examinations under Rule 24 of the Assam Secretariat Subordinate Services, 1963.
Presently, Secretariat Training School is functioning from the Campus of the Assam Administrative Staff College, Khanapara, Guwahati-22 as per the decision of the meeting of the Secretaries’ Committee held on 01.08.2003.