Swami Vivekananda Assam Youth Empowerment (SVAYEM) Yojana announced by the Hon’ble Finance Minister of Assam in his budget speech on 7th February, 2017, is a flagship program to provide financial support to the youths of Assam to take up income generating activities in the manufacturing, trading and service sector.
- To generate employment opportunities in rural as well as urban areas through setting up of new ventures as well as growing existing ventures.
- To provide financial assistance to micro and small business entities engaged in the manufacturing, trading and services sector.
- To provide financial assistance for enhancement of income level of traditional artisans ensuring sustainable growth.
Area of implementation:
All districts of Assam including autonomous district councils
Coverage and targeted group:
- About One lakh youth of Assam will be provided suitable credit support for taking up income generating enterprises.
- The number of beneficiaries will be selected in a district in proportion to the population.
Nature of activities:
- Service Sector
- Rural Transport Service (Auto Rickshaw, e-Rickshaw)
- Shops, repairing Centres, Handicraft, Cottage Industries etc.
Negative list of activities:
- Manufacturing of intoxicant items
- Beedi, Panmasala, Cigarette, etc.
- Sales outlet of Liquor
- Plastic bags below 40 microns
Eligibility criteria for the beneficiary:
- Residents of Assam above 18 years of age.
- There will be no income ceiling for getting assistance under this scheme.
- The individual beneficiary should have skills, experiences, knowledge, etc., toundertake the income generating activities.
- The beneficiary should possess educational qualification of at least Class VIIstandard.
- The beneficiary who has already completed Skill Development Training will begiven preference.
- The beneficiary must not be the defaulter of any loan. If information submittedby the beneficiary is found to be incorrect later, action would be taken againstthe beneficiary including cancellation of loan, recovery of amount as Bakijai andalso blacklisting for future benefit under any Govt. Scheme.
- PMEGP beneficiaries of the last 5 years will not be eligible under the scheme.
For more details about the Scheme refer to the Downloads.
|SVAYEM Scheme||563.15 KB|
|Application Form for SVAYEM Scheme||205.08 KB|
|Last Date for submission of application forms||980.85 KB|
Click here for more details about the SVAYEM Scheme.