The Assam State Disaster Management Authority was notified in the year 2007 with the adoption of the Disaster Management Act in the year 2006. Honourable Chief Minister, Assam is its Chairperson and Hon'ble Minister Revenue and Disaster Management is its Vice Chairperson.
To execute the mandate of the Authority the State Executive Committee with the Chief Secretary, Assam as its Chairperson has also been notified as per provision of the Disaster Management Act. The ASDMA Secretariat with officers, consultants and employees, for carrying out the functions of the State Authority, became fully functional in the year 2010. ASDMA has also notified the District Disaster Management Authority in all the 27 districts of Assam and placed officers for carrying out disaster management activities at the district.
The Main Focus areas of the Assam State Disaster Management Authority are given below:
- Research and Development
- Equipped and Prepared Disaster Response and Information Centre at all levels
- Preparation of Disaster Management Plans at State, District, Village and Departmental level
- Strengthening Techno Legal framework
- Capacity Building, Training and Education
- Mainstreaming Disaster Risk Reduction in development activities
- Constitution of State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) and District level Quick Response Teams
- Awareness Generation
- Safer Schools and Safer Hospitals
- Partnerships with National and International level knowledge based institutions and Scientific Community
- Hazard Risk and Vulnerability Assessment
Click here to visit the Official Website of the Assam State Disaster Management Authority.