The objective of the scheme is to support to the Micro & Small enterprises to participatein different trade fairs and events within the State, in the Country and abroad for marketing oftheir products and also getting the exposure.
(A) Marketing Promotion within the State:
- General Manager, District Industries & Commerce Centre will identify important events/exhibition held within the district where large numbers of visitors gather. Some important events are Rash Mohotsav at Nalbari, Annual event of Asom Sahitya Sabha,Annual event of Bodo Sahitya Sabha, Annual Ambubashi mela at Kamkhya, Doul Utsavat Barpeta, Doul Utsav at Batradava, Asokastomi mela at Dhubri, Annual event of Srimanta Sankar Sangha, Sivaratri mela at Sivasagar, Dihing Patkai Utsav at Jagun,Dibru-Saikhowa Utsav at Tinsukia, etc. This list is only suggestive, but not exhaustive.
- 100 (One hundred) numbers of participants covering all the districts will be selected for participation in the identified events/exhibitions.
- Concerned General Manager, District Industries & Commerce Centres will arrange the stalls in collaboration with the organizers of the event. There will be a maximum ceiling of Rs. 5000.00 (Rupees Five Thousand) per entrepreneur towards stall rent, which will be paid directly to the organizers by Cheque. In case of participants from other districts, a fixed lump sum grant of Rs. 500.00 (Rupees Five Hundred) per day for the actual fair/exhibition period will be provided to meet the Travelling, Food & Lodging expenses etc.
- General Manager, District Industries& Commerce Centre can sponsor the participants to other districts also. District-wise targets will be decided by the Commissioner, Industries & Commerce preferably on the basis of population data.
(B) Marketing Promotion outside the state:
- A list of National Level Exhibitions to be held outside the State like Suraj Kund Mela,Dilli Hat, India International Gift Fair, etc. will be prepared by the Commissioner,Industries & Commerce.
- Applications will be invited through New Paper advertisement from interested participants for participation in identified trade fairs.
- Participants for these fairs will be selected depending upon their Quality of Products,performance in the Fairs/exhibition held within the State etc.
- Selected participants will be reimbursed 50% of the stall rent subject to a ceiling of Rs. 10000.00 (Rupees Ten Thousand) only and actual Sleeper Class to &fro Railway fair for 2(two) persons per unit along with Rs. 300.00 (Rupees three hundred) per person per day for the actual fair period towards food & lodging expenses.
- In case, the number of participants in a single fair is more than 10(ten), an officer from the department may accompany the participants and the TA & DA of the office will be borne from the scheme.
(C) Marketing Promotion outside the Country:
- For promotion of “Brand Assam”, a basket of products will be identified for marketing promotion outside the country.
- A list of International Fairs/exhibitions, suitable for marketing promotion of the identified product basket, will be prepared by the Commissioner, Industries &Commerce.
- Applications will be invited through New Paper advertisement from interested enterprises manufacturing the identified products for participation in identified trade fairs.
- Participants for these fairs will be selected depending upon their Quality of Products,performance in the Fairs/exhibition held within & outside the State etc.
- Selected participants will be provided free stall space on sharing basis and actual Economy Class Air fair for 1(One) persons per unit along with Rs. 1000.00 (Rupees One thousand) per person per day for the actual fair period towards food & lodging expenses.
- The TA & DA of departmental officers if accompanying the participants will be borne from the scheme.
Advertisement & Publicity:
Adequate advertisement & publicity of the investment potential of the state including setting up of departmental stall in major fairs, printing of information brochure/booklet, publicity of participant’s profile etc. will be ensured & cost of same will borne from the scheme.
For more details about the Scheme and Application Form, click on Biponi Scheme.