Who should apply?
Any person who wishes to register a society with the aim to promote charitable activities like art, education, religion, culture, sports etc. shall apply for its registration under the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
[Note: To register a Society, minimum of seven members are required]
- A copy of cleanly typed Memorandum of Association together with Rules and Regulation duly signed by the President and the Secretary with the Seal of the Society.
- Copies of resolution regarding the registration of the Society and election of the Members of the executive body with the list of the members present in the General Meeting.
- If the society claims that its office is situated on a land, owned by it, the Dag Number, Patta Number and Proof of its ownership of the land should be furnished. If the office is situated in a rented building an affidavit from the house owner with proof of his ownership should be furnished.
- A copy of passport size photos of the President and the Secretary to be furnished.
- A copy of the specimen signature of all executive members of the society (whose number shall not be less than seven) on a plain paper, signed in the presence of Deputy Commissioner/ Additional Deputy Commissioner / Sub Divisional Officer / Revenue Circle Officer of the concerned district / sub division / revenue circle, who will sign on that paper mentioning his/her name, date and designation as token of his having witnessed the same.
- If the Organization (proposed to be registered as a society) has been undertaking any activities during the preceding twelve month from the date of its application for registration, it should attach a certificate in original from the Deputy Commissioner / Sub- divisional Officer of the concerned district / Sub-division of these activities.
- Declaration from the President of the Secretary regarding the receipt of fund, If any from the Government or other agencies. There should be a categorical declaration in this respect.
10 (ten) working days from the date of submission of application, complete in all respects along with documents as per checklist.
Fees and Payments:
Fee of Rs. 50/- (Fifty Rupees) only through Treasury Challan or online under the Head of Account "1475-other General Economic Service-fees under the Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860."