An entrepreneur, intending to occupy a factory, whether in existence at the date of the commencement of the Factories Act, 1948 or coming for the first time within the scope of the Act, is required to obtain Licence through registration of his factory from the Chief Inspector of Factories, Assam at least 15 (fifteen) days before the occupation or use any premises as a factory for the purpose of the said Act.
An occupier / Licensee should have the following eligibility.
- In case of proprietorship: Proprietor.
- In case of partnership: Any one of the partners.
- In case of Public Ltd Co.: Any one of the Directors.
- In Case of Pvt. Ltd Co.: Anyone of the shareholders.
- In Case of Govt. / Local Fund: Chief Administrative Head of the Unit.
- If any person named against any of the categories is minor, the fact should be clearly stated.
- In case of category (C) or (D) above if a managing agent has been appointed as occupier under the Indian Companies Act 1956 (1 of 1956) information only of that person should be furnished.
- Due Date for submission: At least 15 (fifteen) days before the occupation or use any premises as a factory.
- Time for processing: - 30 Days (maximum).
Click Here for more details.