An entrepreneur, intending to set-up a factory involving any manufacturing process as defined under section 2(k) of the Factories Act, 1948; other than manufacturing process defined under section 2 (cb) of the said Act, is required to obtain previous permission of the State Government or the Chief Inspector of Factories in writing for the site on which the factory is to be situated and for construction of factory building, installation of machinery, prime movers and/ or connection of electrical power for the purpose of the said Act.
An occupier / Licensee should have the following eligibility.
- In case of proprietorship: Proprietor.
- In case of partnership: Any one of the partners.
- In case of Public Ltd Co.: Any one of the Directors
- In Case of Pvt. Ltd Co.: Anyone of the shareholders.
- In Case of Govt. / Local Fund: Chief Administrative Head of the Unit.
- If any person named against any of the categories is minor, the fact should be clearly stated.
- In case of category (C) or (D) above if a managing agent has been appointed as occupier under the Indian Companies Act 1956 (1 of 1956) information only of that person should be furnished.
- Due date for submission: Any day during the year for which licence is applied for
- Time for processing: 7 Days
Click Here for more details.