To facilitating the promotion and development and also enhancing the competitiveness of micro, small and medium enterprises the Micro, Small medium Enterprises Act, 2006 was enacted. According to the Act any person intended to set up Manufacturing or Service enterprises may file Memorandum at his discretion. Definition of enterprises under the Act is as follows:
(i) Micro Enterprise:
Manufacturing : Where the investment in Plant & machinery does not exceed Rs.25 lakh
Service : Where the investment in Plant & machinery does not exceed Rs.10 lakh
(ii) Small Enterprise:
Manufacturing : Where the investment in Plant & machinery is more than Rs.25 lakh but does not exceed Rs.500 lakh.
Service : Where the investment in Plant & machinery is more than Rs.10 lakh but does not exceed Rs.200 lakh.
(iii) Medium Enterprise:
Manufacturing : Where the investment in Plant & machinery is more than Rs.500 lakh but does not exceed Rs.1000 lakh.
Service : Where the investment in Plant & machinery is more than Rs.200 lakh but does not exceed Rs.500 lakh.
There are two types of Entrepreneurs Memorandum, viz (i) EM part-I ( EM-I) and EM part-II (EM-II). There is no fee for processing or issuing EM-I or EM-II and the General Manager ,District Industries & Commerce Centres (DICC) are the competent authority to issue Acknowledgment of EM-I/EM-II.
The EM-I will help the investor to apply for land/shed allotment, power sanction, application for loan, factory license, NOC from Pollution Control Board, etc. However , EM-I is valid for only two years from the date of receipt of Acknowledgment.
The EM-II should be file within 6 months from the date of going into commercial production. EM-II enable the entrepreneurs to avail the benefit of various incentives under the Central/State policies. In Assam, prior permission for submission of EM-I/EM-II is required from the State Government if the activity related to Coal and Bought Tea Leave Factory.
- The activity should be falls within the purview of Manufacturing or Service sector activities under provision of MSMED Act, 2006. However , any activities on Coal and setting up of Bought Tea Leave factory , prior permission from the State Government may be obtained.
- Unit should have EM-1.
- Should submit the EM-II within 6 months from the date of going into commercial production.
Guidelines for Filing up the form:
- Applicant should log in to EODB Assam for online submission of application for EM-II.
- While filing the application form the column for NIC/ASICC/Village/Town/Tehsil/District/State Codes shall be avoided. These Codes are to be filled up by the DICC at the time of issuance of Acknowledgement for EM-II.
- The list of plant and machinery as per Form: B and list of Employee as per Form: C should be submitted as per format in hard copy.
- Avoid to use ".00" ( dot Zero zero) while putting up any figure in the Fixed investment column. The numerical figure should be from right to left only.
- Hard copy of the application form along with the required documents shall be submitted to DICC for issuance of Acknowledgement of EM-II.
Fee including the payment mode:
- There is no fee for applying EM-II.
Accompanying documents required including:
As per Checklist, following Certificates, as applicable, are required to submit :
- NOC /Consent of Operation from the Pollution control Board ( if applicable) , NOC from Local Body, Factory License ( if applicable), Non-incumbent Certificate in case of purchased of land , etc are the major certificate required for filing EM-II
- List of Machinery and List of Employee as per Form: B & C.
(b) Photo Id, size, quality, signature etc.
- Every documents need to be signed by the authorized person/s . No Photo ID is required for filing application. Applicant may put their digital signature if so desired.
1. Due date of submission:
- Within 6 month from the date of commercial production of the unit.
2. Time for processing:
- DICC will issue Acknowledgement of EM-II within 30 days from the date of submission of application.
Whether the service is Offline or Online:
Click here to Register and apply for Entrepreneur Memorandum, Part-I ( EM-I) in EODB Assam
The unit is eligible to enjoy the benefit provided by the Central/State Government from time to time.
Whom to contact for any queries:
For any queries, the applicant may contact General Manager, DICCs in their telephone no, OR may send mail.
Click here to view addresses of General Managers with e-mail, phone number.