Trade License is a certificate that is essential to start or carry on a particular trade or business for which it is issued. In Guwahati, trade licenses are issued by the Guwahati Municipal Corporation. It is not just important but absolutely essential for any business establishment to apply for a license before starting on any business functions such as manufacturing, exchange or storage of any activity/commodity.
All documents must be submitted while submitting the form. If filling online, all documents must be scanned and ready.
Click here to know details of each trade individually: Details of Trade License.
- Fees for Trade License
- Late Fees is 20% of the License Fee
- ID Proof of the Applicant (PAN/DL/Passport/Bank Passbook)
- Address Proof of the Applicant (DL/ Passport/Bank Passbook/APDCL)
- Passport Photograph (for single owner) or Jt. Photography (for Jt. Owners)
- For Companies/Firms/Societies (Registration Certificate)
- Property Tax up-to-date tax receipt (Commercial --Business --Industrial)
- Other documents according to the trade as specified in checklist.
- Valid for 1 financial year i.e., 1st April to 31st March next year
Renewal of License:
You should submit the application form online or in the GMC office after filling the details. Two fees are collected in this process:
1. Application fee of Rs. 100/-
2. License fees based on the type of business
You should submit an application addressed to the DC of the concerned zone of GMC along with an Affidavit and address proof. Associated charges: Rs. 200/-
Type of Service:
Application can be made both online as well in the Zone Office.
Click here to apply online.
Whom to Contact:
1. Central Zone : GMC, Head Office Panbazar, Guwahati – 781001
2. East Zone: GMC Office, Zoo-Road, Guwahati
3. South Zone: GMC Office, South Sarania, Guwahati
4. West Zone: GMC Office, Bhuthnath, Santipur, Guwahti-781009
5. Dispur Zone: GMC Office, Super Market, Dispur, Guwahati
6. Lokhra Zone: GMC Office, LokhraTinali, Guwahati
Click to find contact details: Heads of Zones