There are mainly two kinds of agencies — Mahila Pradhan Kshetriya Bachat Yojana (MPKBY) and Standardized Agency System (SAS). All the agencies are quite different and unique. If the MPKBY is for women agents only for dealing with 5-year Post Office Recurring Deposit Accounts, SAS is open for all for dealing with NSC, KVP, MIS and Time Deposit Accounts.
Fresh agencies are allotted through a process involving intensive scrutiny of documents and interview. The basic educational qualification required to be a Small Savings agent is minimum HSLC (Class 10) pass. One can apply for new agency at the Directorate of Small Savings, Assam and respective district headquarters.
Documents required for new agency application (along with forms in prescribed format):
- Application in plain paper
- Two character certificates (one from a gazetted officer and another one from a well-known person)
- Age Proof Certificate (HSLC admit/certificate)
- HSLC Pass Certificate
- PRC/address proof
- Four copies passport photographs for SAS agency/three copies passport photographs for MPKBY agency
- FG Policy of Rs 5000 for SAS Agency
- NSC of Rs 500 for MPKBY Agency
- Police Verification Report
Whom to Contact:
Bandana Dutta Tamuly, ACS
Directorate of Small Savings, Assam,
5th Floor, Kar Bhawan Complex,