Assam is synonymous with breath taking natural beauty, teeming wildlife, immaculate tea gardens and warm, beautiful people. It’s strategic location in the northeast of India, and it’s accessibility from the rest of the country makes it the gateway to the north-eastern states.
The Tourism Policy of 2017 aims to promote Film Tourism by developing single Window clearances and providing incentive to film makers.
A special incentive package in the form of logistic support within Assam will be provided to the film producers to kick start their arrivals.
A multidisciplinary application format has been prepared so that the intending producers and directors can apply for permission for film shooting in Assam. The single window clearance system for film shoots will help promote the tourism potential of Assam.
Assam shall motivate reputed filmmakers of Hindi / English / other foreign languages for film shooting in Assam through attractive incentives. Assam Tourism shall organize Regional, National and International Film festivals in suitable Tourist destinations to promote Film Tourism, with the assistance of Cultural Affairs Department.
Benefits as per the Tourism Policy of 2017:
1) Financial grant to Hindi / English / foreign language Cinema makers who have produced minimum 5 feature films with country wide audience and having the following criteria -
- Minimum 25 % of the entire shooting of the feature film in Assam
- At least 25 % of cast & crew should be from Assam
- Should get an U or UA certificate by Censor Board.
2) Cash grant amounting to 25 % of Qualified Production Expenditure (QPE) or Rs 1 crore, whichever is less. Number of films to be covered will depend on budgetary provision for the year. Qualified Production Expenditure (QPE) means the production expenditure on the project that is incurred for or is reasonably attributed to:
- Transportation cost of Goods and materials used in Assam
- Rent and hire charges for the use of Land / Building/ materials & goods located in Assam.
- The cost of Goods & materials purchased in Assam required for shooting in Assam or in the making of the production.
- Cost of accommodation for the period of stay in Assam for shooting.
3) Additional rebate of 10 % on QPE for film having storyline on Assam’s culture / tourism / heritage
4) Additional rebate of 10% on QPE for shooting more than 50 % of the entire shooting in Assam.
5) The producers who have produced minimum 10 films in Hindi/English /Foreign language will be provided free accommodation and transport for their important Casts during the period of stay for shooting of films in Assam .
Click here to apply.
Whom to Contact?
Directorate of Tourism, Govt. of Assam Station Road, Guwahati 781001
Phone: +91-361- 2547102 / 2542748