Every person who intends to erect or re-erect or make material alteration in any place in a building or part thereof or intend to subdivide or transfer any plot of land, within the jurisdiction of Guwahati Metropolitan Area has to make an online application to GMDA for Planning Permit under Section 5 of the Guwahati Building Construction (Regulation) Act in Form-1 (part-I and part-II) accompanied by the required amount of fees as prescribed in Schedule-1 of the Guwahati Building Construction (Regulation) Byelaws 2014 to the Chief Executive Officer, Guwahati Metropolitan Development Authority. The applicant shall submit the application online through the Registered Technical Persons of GMDA to Counter Clerk.
The person applying must be a resident with all the required documents.
Guidelines for filling the form:
Visitors must provide all documents while submitting the form. If filling online, all documents must be scanned and ready.
- The application processing fee for RCC ground floor is Rs. 10/- per sq.meter and for upper floor is Rs. 20/- per sq.meter.
- For Apartments, Schools and other Religious Institutions, a fee of Rs. 20/- per sq.meter for ground floor and Rs. 24/- per sq.meter for upper floors is charged.
- The application fee for Commercial and Industrial buildings are fixed respectively at four and eight times that of residential building fees structure.
For details, please refer Schedule-I of Guwahati Building Construction (Regulation) Byelaw 2014.
- Trace map of the proposed site indicating the Dag No., Patta No., Revenue Village, Mouza and the Town of the concerned District
- A key plan of the area showing natural channels, drains, roads and landmarks
- A site plan drawn to a minimum scale 1:200
- A building plan accurately drawn in a minimum scale of 1:100 with dimensions in meters
- A general specification of the proposed constructions including a detailed calculation sheet of FAR in the proposal showing details giving type and grade of materials to be use in Form 11, Form 24 and Form 25 duly signed by the concerned Registered Technical Personnel (RTP) and countersigned by the applicant
- Self Declaration that property has been assessed/ reassessed after 12 September 2008
- A certificate of supervision in Form 8, Form 9 and Form 10 of the Guwahati Building Construction (Regulation) Byelaws 2014
- A certificate of undertaking for hazard safety from Structural Engineer on Record in the case of buildings Ground + 3 floors and above in Form 7 of Guwahati Building Construction (Regulation) Byelaws 2014
- An undertaking (Appendix V of Guwahati Building Construction (Regulation) Byelaws 2014) signed by the land owner or Power of Attorney Holder or Builder or Promoter or the Applicant, as the case may be, stating that he shall leave or surrender for road widening if required free of cost and he will not violate any rules, building byelaws and that in case of violations the Authority shall take action as per the Guwahati Municipal Corporation Act, 1971/the Guwahati Metropolitan Development Authority Act, 1985. Where land is surrendered free of cost, as aforesaid, it shall not affect the total FAR that the applicant is entitled, over his whole plot as per these bye laws.
- An affidavit along with the application form declaring the following: (a) Particulars of land, (b) Ownership of land, (c) That they shall construct the building as per approved plan, (d) They shall submit completion certificate prior to obtaining electric connection, (e) That applicant will not occupy the building without obtaining the occupancy certificate (f) they shall not change the RTP during the construction period without prior notice to the Authority, and if the change has taken place the new RTP/applicant has to fulfil all the formalities completed by the earlier RTP.
- The up-to-date property tax paid receipt to be submitted; in case of existing building/structure, if any
- In case of residential land/plot sales, a minimum of 10% of plotted area is to be earmarked /reserved for EWS category in all Residential Layout Plans of Plots with land area of 1.5 Hectare and above with minimum plot size for EWS shall not be less than 90 sq.m. and more than 120 sq.m wherever applicable
- The owner / developer is given freedom to build these units in a separate block with separate access with option to develop only EWS dwelling units in lieu of LIG, wherever applicable
- If the houses/flats/apartments are constructed by private developers/builders, and made available at subsidized price for EWS/LIG the said developers/builders, shall be entitled to an additional FAR of 10% to 25% over that applicable FAR for the relevant land use depending on the percentage of area allotted to EWS/LIG within these limits
- All the plans and drawings shall be duly signed by the owner and the person preparing the plan - a registered Architect or a registered graduate Civil Engineer who shall be registered either with Guwahati Municipal Corporation, Guwahati Metropolitan Development Authority or Council of Architecture unless specially allowed as specified in Appendix-II of the Guwahati Building Construction (Regulation) Byelaws 2014.
How to apply:
The applicant shall submit the application online through the Registered Technical Persons of GMDA to Counter Clerk. The applicant shall furnish all the documents in soft copies as per list above.
- Planning Permit under Part-I of the application shall be granted by the Chief Executive Officer GMDA on the recommendation of the Town Planner of the GMDA.
- After online approval from CEO, applicant has to submit 4 copies of plans in hard copies to GMDA. The movement of the proposal may be monitored by the applicant online through the website of GMDA.
- The Planning Permit along with 3 sets of drawings shall be forwarded by the GMDA to GMC, urban local bodies (ULBs) or the Panchayats, for issue of the Building Permit as per Part II as the case may be, with intimation to the applicant.
- Building Permit under Part-II of the application shall be granted by the GMC on the recommendation of the Associate Planner, GMC in respect of the areas under the GMC and the building permit in respect of the areas under other ULBs or the Panchayats shall be granted by the concerned ULBs or the Panchayat on recommendation of the technical person of the concerned ULBs or the Panchayats, as the case may be.
- On receipt of the planning permit so issued the building permit under Part-II of the application shall be issued by GMC or other local bodies, as the case may be.
- In case of non-availability of technically qualified officer in an urban local body or panchayat for making technical examination, verification and inspection of any proposal for building permit, the Government may by order authorize or designate such other technically qualified officer for the purpose of technical examination, verification and inspection of proposals of building permit to be granted by the concerned urban local bodies or the panchayat, as the case may be.
Type of Service:
It is an online service.
How to apply:
Click here to Apply.
Whom to Contact:
Guwahati Metropolitan Development Authority
3rd Floor, STATFED Building,
G.M.C.H. Road, Bhangagarh,
Ph- 0361-2529824, 2529650 (O)
Fax- 0361-2529991 (F)
Email : email@example.com
Guwahati Municipal Corporation
Head Office, Panbazar
Phone: 0361- 2631800
Fax : +91-361-2631800