To inculcate scientific temper amongst young talent in the state of Assam and promote them to work for conservation of biodiversity. This program would enhance the understanding of the Associate about the present day challenges in promoting conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity and provide them opportunity to contribute in meeting those challenges.
Program is for short durations, maximum up to 6 months. This is with a view to allow the interested persons an opportunity to utilize their free time, for example, summer vacations / winter vacations / time between two semesters / time while preparing for competitive exams etc. and work productively in the field of biodiversity.
- 3 months Program (Rs. 5,000 to Rs. 8,000 pm depending upon qualification & experience+ total contingency of Rs. 10,000/- towards field visits, documentation etc.)
- 6 months Program (Rs. 5,000 to Rs. 8,000 pm depending upon qualification & experience+ total contingency of Rs. 20,000/- towards field visits, documentation etc.)
Area of Work:
The Associate can work in any part of Assam but will have to work in close association of the Board and this may require visits to the Board Office or interaction with Board Member or Expert at Guwahati or any other designated place as per the requirement of the work.
Broad theme for Works:
- Awareness generation
- Capacity building of the BMCs
- Assistance in preparation of PBR
- Species based studies
- Identifying biodiversity concerns and prescribing management methods
Whom to Contact:
H-Block, 2nd Floor
Dispur, Guwahati 781006, Assam